Monday, September 7, 2009

Satellite Direct Lets You Watch Local TV and Your Favorite Shows Right from Your PC

If you’re like me, chances are that you’ve wanted to be able to eliminate your cable TV service entirely and just use your PC as a TV - especially considering that you can frequently get a better picture and higher sound quality with your PC anyway.  Given the fact that you can use your PC for everything these days – news, shopping, sports, entertainment, gaming, work, etc. – it makes sense to use it for TV, too. 





At least, that was my thinking.  I spend most of my time between my desktop and my laptop because my job requires constant PC access.  So I looked for a way to eliminate my monthly cable bill and just watch local TV on my PC.

So after a little research, I found a few programs out there, most of which were subscription-based which was NOT something I wanted to deal with.  I wanted a one-time fee to get all my favorite channels right away.  I finally found one that delivered: Satellite Direct.

With Satellite Direct, you get several benefits:



• 24/7 unlimited access to over 3,500 channels
• Hard to find international channels, as well as all the best movies, sports and news shows- at no additional cost
• No hardware to install
• No bandwidth limits
• No subscription or installation fees
• Automatic channel updates

My favorite part about Satellite Direct, though, is that I’m able to have full-time access to my favorite channels like Shotime and HBO, which I was paying A LOT more through my Charter cable service.  As someone who uses his PC for every task imaginable, this was great for me.  I’m on my computer several hours of the day and want to be able to just flip open MSNBC in a new window to check the stock market; Satellite Direct lets me do this.



Here's what the main page of Satellite Direct will look like: 




And when you actually download it: 




On top of those benefits, you never have to worry about hardware issues with this service, because all you need to install it is your PC and the software you purchase.  It costs about $50 to download the software, and it took me less than 10 minutes to get it installed.  I have a Windows Media PC, so I’m now getting better quality than I ever did with my old TV.  I’m also saving a lot of money, which is obviously important in this economic climate.
I’m also saving money on movie rentals, because now I’m just watching all my favorite movies through this service.

Satellite Direct also offers great customer service, though the only time I ever had to contact them was about a week after my initial setup when I had some questions about channel access.  The rep got back to me right away and was friendly and helpful.
It’s also great when traveling, because I can still have the same access to any channel I want through my laptop.  Forget hotel HBO!

I highly recommend Satellite Direct to anyone who wants to watch local (or premium) TV right on your PC.  It’s quick, cheap, easy to install, and very user-friendly.

Read more about
Satellite Direct on their homepage or order Satellite Direct here

1 comment:

  1. I am big fan of tv shows. In your blog lot of think about tv shows. I have download full tv shows so many times. in your blog lot of think about tv shows....

    ReplyDelete